Set and modify course properties
Switch to admin mode if not there already.
Select 'Program Management' from Admin role selection pull down menu next to the company logo on top-left corner.
Click 'Course' from side menu and select a course.
Edit general properties
- Click ‘Edit' from menu or 'Modify' link in 'General Properties’ section of the page.
- Make desirable modifications.
- Save the modification.
- Click ‘Privacy setting’ from the menu.
- Select from the choices ‘Private – Unrestricted’ and ‘Private – Restricted’. Note that a ‘Free’ course is always 'Public' and an ‘Internal’ course is always 'Private - Restricted'.
Course with privacy setting - 'Private Unrestricted' will not be visible in the market place. Any user who receives the course link can enroll in the course. Course with privacy setting - 'Private Restricted' will not be visible in the market place and specific Quampus Id holders who are mentioned in the privacy setting can only enroll in this course either through the course link or by accessing the course after signing in.
Preview setting, when switched on, lets a visitor to the site view specific contents marked for preview without signing in. This is used as a good sales tool.
- Click ‘Preview setting’ from the menu.
- Select between 'Private' and 'Public' preview. 'Private' preview can have a password which the previewer will have to enter to get the preview of the subject contents.
- Mark check boxes for specific contents to make them preview-able.
If you switch on the 'Preview setting' of a SCORM format subject, the SCORM content will be available for preview for a pre-set duration (currently 60 seconds).
By enrolling a guest, you can allow either yourself or a specific user to access the full course as an enrolled learner. This feature can be used either to self-check your own course from the view point of a learner or allow a prospective customer a full view of the course.
- Click ‘Guest enrollment’ from the menu.
- Select any one option - 'Full Duration' or 'Short Duration'. Full duration guests get access for the entire duration of the course till you withdraw them and short duration guests get maximum 3-day access.
- List of active guest enrollments will be displayed.
- Click 'Add New' to add a new guest. Input Quampus Id of the guest.
- To remove a guest, click 'Withdraw' link.
Maximum number of full duration guest enrollments is limited by Quampus. In guest enrollment page, you will also see list of guests enrolled by Quampus whose enrollments are active. Quampus guests can not be removed by you, whereas you can remove any guest enrolled by you.
Assignments when published or activated for a course, become available to learners. In this section, we publish the assignments already uploaded for the subjects of the course. For uploading a new assignment, you must go to the appropriate subject and upload the assignment to the repository. Assignments can also be published or activated from the subject's assignment repository for a specific course using that subject.
- Click ‘Assignment’ from menu.
- Select the ‘Subject’ for which you want to publish a new assignment from the assignment repository of the subject. You may be having a large number of assignments in the repository but only those assignments which are published are accessible to learners.
- List of assignments already published get displayed.
- Click ‘Publish New’ link.
- A list of assignments available in the assignment repository of the subject is displayed.
- Select the assignment and input the data needed to publish the assignment and click ‘Publish’.
Publish a new assessment
Assessment question papers when published become available to learners as assessments or online tests. In this section, we learn to publish the assessments already created for the subjects of the course. For creating a new assessment question paper, you must go to the appropriate subject and prepare the question paper. Assessments can also be published from the subject's assessment question paper repository for a specific course.
- Click ‘Assessment’ from menu.
- List of question papers already published get displayed.
- Click ‘Publish New’ link.
- A list of question papers available in the assessment question paper repository is displayed.
- Select the question paper and input the data needed to publish it and click ‘Publish’.
Modify an already published assessment
Cancel an already published assessment
To set the course price:
- Click ‘Course Pricing’ from the menu.
- Go to 'Fee payment schedule for learner' section. If pricing is not set at all, click 'Add payment schedule' link. If you want to modify the pricing set earlier, click 'Modify' link for the currency.
- Set or modify the total course fee, registration fee (if required), and the installment pattern. Note that currency list in the pull down list is based on the pool of currencies set by the KP Account Manager.
To set or modify the mode of payment collection:
- Go to 'Payment collection mode and other settings' section and click 'Modify' link.
- Input or modify data and save.
To set pricing for enrollment extensions
- Go to 'Enrollment Extension' section and click 'Modify' link
- Enable enrollment extension. This can be disabled any time.
- Set properties for free extensions, if required.
- Set properties for paid extensions, if required.
Learning tools and faculty member allocation
Learning tools are the methods through which learning is imparted in the course. They include - study material, classroom discussion, assignment, assessment, forum, practice exercise, ask teacher (private messaging between teacher and learner) etc. They can be selected or de-selected as per the discretion of the Program Manager.
- Click ‘Learning Tools’ from the menu.
- All learning tools available are displayed. Some may be pre-selected, some may be disabled and some can be selected. Some tools require a faculty member allocation.
- Select faculty members or replace faculty members for tools requiring a faculty member allocation.
- Save your selection.
Enrollment keyEnrollment keys can be used by a user to enroll in the course without passing through a payment process for a 'Priced' course.
In non-retail scenario, this mechanism can be used by the learning provider when the course is given as a bundled service along with other services or when there is a bulk purchase situations where the customer buys certain number of keys at a negotiated price and distributes the keys to users to enroll in the course. In retail scenario, this can be used when payment collection is not done through Quampus.
- Click ‘Enrollment keys’ from the menu.
- Toggle 'Enrollment through Key' to 'Yes' if not done already.
- Click 'Generate Keys'. Specify number of keys, input user id of the distributor (by default it is set to KP user id) and click ‘Generate’.
For this mechanism to work, 'Enrollment through Key' must be set to 'Yes'. Enrollment keys for a distributor can be disabled en-masse temporarily by changing the status to 'Blocked'.
Note that the total number of keys that can be generated is limited to the maximum specified by the KP Account Manager. You must contact KP-Account manager to set it to a higher value when this limit is exhausted.
Enrollment extension setting
Enrollment extension setting will allow a general rule to be set to extend the enrollment of each learner. Once a rule is set, the Learning Center will display the enrollment extension link for the course and the learner can use it to extend the enrollment. If you want to extend the enrollment of a specific learner, then use the Learner Management menu.
This setting is done by using the pricing menu.
Here you can do various learner management activities like manually extending an enrollment duration, blocking/unblocking access for a learner, terminating the enrollment of a learner etc.
- Click 'Learner Management'.
- View the list of learners.
- Click the specific activity link for a specific learner.
Please note that certain activities cannot be done for certain category of learners.
Notice board announcements can be used for multiple purposes. In addition to being used as announcements, they can also be used for academic mentoring in general by using the 'Priority' option which sends the entire announcement as an email to the learner's email box. By using an expiry period of the announcement, you can purge the notice board of old announcements as a house-keeping activity.
- Click ‘Notice Board’ from menu.
- Compose the announcement, fill up expiry duration and confirm. Announcements marked as ‘Priority’ are sent by email to learners in addition to being published in the notice board.